Sunday, May 29, 2011

CHE SARA, SARA 4

Kwabena to Nokplim

26th January, 1996

Hello Nokplim,

It gives me the greatest pleasure to be writing to you once again. I hope there is nothing wrong at school. Everything is cool here.

I don’t know if you’ve been wondering why I’d not written to you yet. The reason is that I‘ve been thinking about what we wrote last year (your previous term, to be precise). I’ve been asking myself why I said that I wanted us to be just friends. I realised that I was afraid. When you said that you were afraid that you’d get heart broken; but not necessarily by me, I realised that you wanted me to reassure you. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think you wanted me to make a commitment to you. I retreated; I took the easy way out and said I wanted us to be just friends.

This is the reason. I’m going to tell you the truth; I know I can’t keep it inside me any longer. I love you so much, it hurts.

I love you. I want to sing it and shout it aloud. One of my greatest fears is that I’ll wake up one day and realise that the feeling is gone.

I don’t know if you’ll believe me when I say I love you; because I know I rarely show it. That’s because I’ve become so used to hiding what I feel. Please, let me show you that I love you. Forgive me if I stumble along the way; it’s not something I’ve done before.

I know I’ve messed up my opportunity to find love. But please give me one, just one, more chance to prove that I love you. Let me begin again and this time I hope (no, I know) I will do better. If you wish, wait until I get to school; then I’ll prove to you that with you in my heart, there’s no room for anyone else.

I’ve come to the end of my plea. I’ve bared my heart to you. Please, if you believe I love you, (this is very important to me, do you believe me?) and if you still love me, give me one more chance. If you don’t believe me, please tell me. It will hurt, yes, very much; but if I know now, I can rebuild the walls around my heart and retreat to heal behind them. Let me end by repeating that I love you. Please, answer truthfully the one question I have asked without any regard for my feelings. I rest my case.

I can’t help smiling when I look at you

To keep from going crazy is all I can do

I’m so defenseless with you so close

And the walls crumble from my body and soul

Write your name across my heart

I want the world to know

That I am yours forever

And I will wear it

Like a shining star

Write your name across my heart

Kwabena

Nokplim to Kwabena

7th February, 1996

Dear Kwabena,

I know you are fine by God’s grace. I am also okay and studying hard to become successful like you. I thought you were never going to reply my letter so I was very happy when I received your letter.

I have nothing to say but to tell you I believe that you love me very much. Please, give me some time to think slowly about things. I believe with time I can come to a very fruitful decision.

I don’t like the way you are torturing yourself. Please I’m in school and I’m ok. So please, stop tormenting yourself and give me some time.

Kwabena, I really understand that you love me and care about me very much. I feel the words (the Valentine message) I have put together for you will calm you down a little bit, until I make a decision.

I have to end here.

Nokplim writes

P.S. This is a Valentine Message from me to you:

*Want to know my choice for Valentine?*

*If I had to choose between Valentine chocolates and knowing you; I’d choose knowing you*

*Your coming into my life is a special blessing to me.*

*When the Lord brought us together, it was the beginning of a beautiful relationship that has blessed and enriched my life in several ways.*

*To you, I pour out my innermost feelings and the desires of my heart.*

*On Valentine’s Day, I just want to say thank you for being a wonderful, loving and caring person in my life.*

*THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING*

*HAVE A WONDERFUL VALENTINE’S DAY*

Kwabena to Nokplim (Greeting Card)

14th February, 1996

Nokplim,

With you there is a companion to laugh with.

You’re always there when I need

To share my dreams and my aspirations.

Your magical words of encouragement

Bring me bouncing up when I am down.

I admire your patience and tolerance.

Indeed, the friend in you is not easy to come by,

And it is for this reason you are so dear to my heart.

HAVE A WONDERFUL ST. VALENTINE’S DAY.

Kwabena

Nokplim to Kwabena

At Prep.

Dear Kwabena,

I wasn’t expecting this lovely card from you. It’s a lovely surprise; and I love it. The words are so beautiful.

I have nothing to say but to tell you: THANK YOU FOR THE LOVELY CARD YOU SENT TO ME. I hope we will always be friends, and close friends forever, no matter what it costs us.

By the way, the person who wrote on the envelope has a very nice handwriting, like yours.

Your friend,

Nokplim.

P.S. This is my shortest letter to you so far. It is not a letter but a note to say “thank you.”

I MISS YOU. I HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON.

I hope you enjoyed the Valentine’s Day. Don’t ask with whom.

Bye.

6 comments:

  1. Sorry for the mix up before. Here's the correct installment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww thats romantic i mean the first letter

    ReplyDelete
  3. There! I said it! Its a good thing Kwabena has finally been able to see through the wall ( of insecurity on Nokplim's part). it is obvious that they would not be able to be at rest untill they have given their love a try. all they need is the courage to give it a try. even though they go about their love in a very funny and mysterious way, their love story unravels in a very interesting way

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huhhh! what a wonderful romance! Kwabena, though afraid of the outcome finally voiced out his feelings and to me that's a good step.Bottling feelings of this sort is in fact tormenting to the heart but it's natural for things like this to happen.He did well by doing the "all die be die" method. Believe it or not this has happened to almost everyone and... it still happens

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it has happened to almost everyone, but doesn't it almost always fade away along the line? Remember they are still young, especially Nokplim.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The story is very interesting, telling readers about the love that exists between two youngsters; Nokplim and Kwabena. This is more of an everyday love-life among the youth who have shared a common past, probably in church,clubs, school and so on. In this story, Noklpim and Kwabena hide things from themselves but ironically, they try to clear up other things to prevent misinformation.it is interesting how Nokplim and Kwabena leave themselves sinking in thoughts the more they try to come out. They further leave unanswered questions which goes on and around the main subject of their conversation, "love and friendship". This feeling is known to be common amongst the youth. As it is seen in the case of Nokplim and Kwabena in this story, the youth are sometimes unable to properly express their feelings for each other. And when the emotions and feelings are voiced out, the two in the end resort to being just friends in the mist of their love and insecurity issues

    ReplyDelete